Friday, June 23, 2006

And so it starts...

So this is my first blog. First of all, I know I look like a plank in this photo, but the backdrop is more than cool.

Not quite sure who’s going to read this blog, but I think I’m going to enjoy writing it all the same. I was a little inspired by Glyn’s, Tim’s and Matt’s blogs and I thought ‘hey, I can do that too.’ I guess we’ll find that out now.

I’ve noticed that most people seem to start their blogs off with ‘I don’t know what I’m going to say…’ Yeah, I can’t write that because I’ve already decided what I’m writing about for the first three entries.

I’ll give you a few facts about me:

Favourite Book:
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time

Secret (and perhaps slightly embarrassing) Fact:
I own three copies of Disney’s Hercules on DVD (it’s for the gospel-style music!)

Favourite Character from Friends:
Phoebe

Thing That Annoys Me Most:
People who don’t have locks on their bathrooms

Favourite TV Show:
Kath & Kim

Prized Possession:
My hokey-cokey Elmo

Ambitions for the Coming Academic Year (I’ve just finished uni, but I still think in terms of academic years):
1. Get a piece of music published by The Salvation Army
2. Get a book published (or rather, take steps towards getting a book published – so, therefore, Ambition No. 3 should be…)
3. Write a book
4. (Therefore, in order for No. 1 to be fulfilled, No. 4 should probably be…) Write a piece of music
5. Lose some weight – at a recent wedding, I was greeted with the words ‘Whoa, when’s it due?!’ It was then that I realised that I had probably eaten all the pies.
6. Start a blog (one down!)
7. Start a gospel choir (OK, these should really be life ambitions, rather than ambitions for the coming year)

I’ll leave it there – I reckon these are the most important facts you can know about a person.

4 comments:

Timmy Magic said...

Check your inbox, I have sent the bit of code over! Stick it between your links bit and archives bit in your template! Well done on joining the blogging family

Glyn Harries said...

Hmmm. "Bit of code" eh? Mysterious.

Good to hear from you Mitcheroo. Couldn't agree more with the whole lockless bathroom thing. Bugs the crap out of me.

Daniel said...

Hey John!

You got really a nice blog now. I like your way of (sometimes sarcastic and often witty) writing, so why not write a book? :-D

And I'm by the way really impressed by your ambitions and then again about the fact that your ambitions are quite similar to mine. :-p

Just add, "write a musical". ;-)

I'm sure we could do that. :-D

Whatever. Greetings to you, take care and see you soon somehow!

- Daniel -

Anonymous said...

Hum....I think this is the way to go about leaving a message! Sligthly unexcited by the list of things I have to do at work today I thought I'd follow Mr Linden's suggestion and see if I could find this blog of yours! Long time no see. In fact last time I saw you you hadn't even started to grow long hair. Mine's still long. I don't plan to cut it, but if enough money was offered.....
Well hope you're well. Was chatting with Mr Worth a while back (Andy and I are getting the School band to play at the wedding!) and he asked me if I knew you and I had to admit it'd been a while, but I did in fact know you! Enough blab on the blog.
All the best Anna Penton