Thursday, December 20, 2007

Christmas Comments 2

And here are a few more thoughts before Christmas…

1. mitchenstein 365
My Project 365 is going really well! It’s a little hard finding inspiration sometimes, but it’s really making me look at everything I do and everywhere I go to see if there’s a photo opportunity anywhere. And I’ve done nearly a month now! Check it out!

Photo 9: One of the photos from the mitchenstein 365 project.
2. Der Kriegsruf
The Salvation Army in Germany has decided to rename their magazine, Der Kriegsruf (Eng. ‘The War Cry’). After an online poll, many months of thought and, no doubt copious amounts of prayer, they released the periodical’s new name, to be used from the new year. And that name is: (drum roll) The Salvation Army Magazine. Genius.

3. My Hat
Those of you who have seen me recently will know I have a Salvation Army beanie I picked up in Australia. The weather’s been getting pretty cold recently, so I’ve been wearing it more and more. And suddenly I’m very aware that I’m really like an advert for The Salvation Army. As soon as I put it on, I start smiling at people and being a generally nicer guy (not always easy on the commute to/from London). What would it look like if I didn’t let people through, or let someone have my seat?
I don’t know if it’s a good thing or not… I guess I should always be like that, and it shouldn’t make a difference whether I’m wearing my hat or not. I’m working on it! I also think it’s important to show people that there are cool, young, funky people in the Army (yes, I’m cool, young and funky).

This is me wearing the hat in Slovakia (and they don’t have The Salvation Army there, so that was like a double witness).
4. An Impulse Buy
This week I made a bit of an impulse purchase… It’s part Christmas present (but mostly not). I won’t say what it is, but let’s just say that hopefully after a little practice, I might be able to play Gabriel’s Oboe! (right-hand column)

5. Breath of Heaven
Because it’s Christmastime, I’m giving you a few videos to watch. (Generous, no?) I came across this video by accident, but I really liked it, so I thought I’d pass it on. It’s such a beautiful song, and the woman singing does American Sign Language as she sings. I hope you enjoy it (the sync is a little out).

6. Yodellay-hee
A little while ago, Anna posted the German introduction to the Heidi cartoon on her blog. This was really a big mistake on her part, because I can’t stop watching it! That tune is addictive… I’ve put it in the right-hand column. It’s a little slow starting, but at 0.51 it rocks.
I wish I could yodel.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Wow, how cool is that...I LOVE HEIDI and matt loves Heidi too, so Heidi must be quite adorable :-D