Monday, August 31, 2009

Walthamstow! (Part One)

OK, so it's been a little while since I blogged (but as I took so long to get all the Faroese stuff up, you've had a nice lot to read over the summer!), but here's something a little more recent...

A group of young people from The Salvation Army in our region went to Walthamstow for the day (can anyone hear that name without thinking of East 17?? Or am I just showing my age there?). The Salvation Army there stopped having Sunday meetings a couple of years ago, but efforts are being made to get the place up and running again and turn it into a real centre for the community. The plans I've heard for it sound fantastic. It's a massive building and in a great location.
Anyway, it needed a little bit of a face-lift - hence our journey for the day. I for one had an excellent day - it was great to meet new people, catch up with old friends I hadn't seen in a long time, and spend the day doing something really worthwhile (although a lot of hard work was involved!). So here's a few pictures from the day:

The upstairs team (which included me) await their instructions:
And then it's off to work!
I really got into this painting malarky (But it's hard work!).
But then all work and no play would have been boring...
The kitchen team:
Beth and Katie did quite a lot of this during the day...
The toilets team:

More to follow!

1 comment:

Daniel said...

Did you know that I actually got a crest home, hanging in my room right above my fireplace? :D
Worth a visit, init?! ;)