Saturday, July 01, 2006

Don't Cry For Me, Argentina!

Last night I went to see the truly fantastic Evita at the Adelphi in London. It was brilliant! Ever since I saw the lead actress, Elena Roger, singing on Parkinson, I was desperate to see the show. And it rocked.

Lots of people didn't like the film version with Madonna - and I am REALLY not a big fan of Madonna's - but I thought the film was really good. But this was SO much better! Now I'm desperate to go to Argentina...

I was kinda worried that I would only get to see the understudy (that happens to me a lot - well, not a lot, I don't go to the theatre all the time, but it happens enough) - and when I saw that the understudy's previous work included a Twix commercial (if you're including that in the programme, it's clear she hasn't done much else!) I was even more desperate to see Elena Roger as the star. And she was!

Very cool. So, if you're looking for a great night out and fancy seeing a show in the West End, may I recommend Evita!

What with Eva Peron dying and the football, not a great night for Argentina...

(See Katie, I managed a post without mentioning the London Underground) :-D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

See I told you it was good!!! Glad you enjoyed it.

Due to immense pressure and unbelievable pushiness to post a comment John, I now feel that whatever I say will be a bit of an anti-climax... I would type all those intelligent compliments I made about your blog the other day but to be honest I just made them up and can't rememember them!

You still owe me a rossi ice-cream for clicking on your profile by the way. (Yes that's right, John bribes people to create the illusion that he has friends. Although apparantly I'm the only person he's had to bribe...)

Mitchenstein said...

Katie, Katie, Katie... That was a nice little story you wrote. By the way, Katie's going to be a primary school teacher soon, so if you see lots of little kids writing the word 'apparantly', you'll know who taught them :-P