Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Help Me Buy a Goat! (part 4)

(For those who want to know about what I am raising money for, click on 'Help Me Buy a Goat!' in the right-hand column.)

Happy August! Collecting sponsors for my haircut in September is going well. I’ve been really surprised at how it’s caught people’s imaginations. Thank you once again. Two interesting things to report today:

1. The total so far is £373, a whopping £230 increase on this time last week. In terms of money I have actually been given, the total is £10, but I do trust all those who have sponsored me! And, to be honest, I really wasn’t expecting any money before the deed had been done. Unfortunately, it looks like I’m really going to have to go through with it now!

2. A wig company has agreed to buy my hair from me – more money to add to the total then when that comes through! Not sure what they’ll be paying for it yet – but I’m sending them some good hair, complete with natural blond highlights. People pay to have their hair look like mine (and soon they actually will!)

1 comment:

Glyn Harries said...

I have a friend who had her hair cut so that she could donate it to some charity. To be honest I'm not sure what charity it was or what they do with the hair and I think it might have been in America but yeah have you thought of that?