Monday, August 28, 2006

Legolas

As you may have guessed (or read, seeing as I’ve written it several times), I’m a little nervous about the big Cut which is drawing dangerously close. How far back has my hairline gone?! I decided to look at the positives and negatives…

Positives:
1. Raising money for a good cause, obviously!
2. It will look like I come from Essex.
3. My earring will be more visible (so I’ll still be a rebel :-D )
4. It won’t take me ages to get ready on a Sunday morning.
5. I won’t be slowly turning into Bill Bailey.

Negatives:
1. It will look like I come from Essex.
2. I’ll lose a ‘distinctive feature’ – no-one says ‘You know John, he’s the one with the short hair.’
3. I won’t be able to go to fancy-dress parties as Legolas from ‘Lord of the Rings’ (I always thought that it would be really cool to go to a fancy-dress party as Legolas, but since I’ve had long hair, NO-ONE has thrown one!).

Then I got bored of pondering over positives and negatives and decided to make myself look like Legolas. You have to admit – it’s pretty good:
And then I decided that I should take a jokey photo too so that no-one thinks I take myself too seriously:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! That's it, next time I suggest meeting up with you I refuse to take 'I'm too busy' as an excuse from you John... you obviously have way too much time on your hands! And since when did you have an earring? You really will look like an Essex boy!

Can't wait til haircut day! When is it so I can start counting down...

Daniel said...

Hahaha!! I always said you look a bit like Legolas! :-p

Essex actually is a suburb of Rivendell, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

Didn´t know you had that long hair.. heheh!

You definitely have all the potential to be a STAR!!