Sunday, November 05, 2006

It's in and counted!

A massive thank you to everyone who sponsored me for my haircut!

The final total is:

£1045.50

Thank you everyone!!

That's €1,550.95 for all you Germans, 2,599 Australian Dollars or 139,037 Icelandic kronur - I like it in Icelandic kronur the best!

And with that money, we'll be buying:

2 water pumps,
28 chickens,
25 goats,
12 pigs and
2 caterpillar farms!

A huge thank you to everyone who sponsored me! Special thanks must go to Philipp Reutter, Alice Chimusaru and Banbury Postiche for their help :-D

When it started, I would have been really happy to get £100 - I never dreamed that this much money would be coming in - but it's all in and it's all sent off!

Thank you!

PS. Check out the photo in this week's Salvationist!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, well done!

Zimmo said...

HOLY COW!
That's really great! Congrats!
Well done :)
Or to say it in german: GEIL!

Glyn Harries said...

Well done mate. Nice work. One thing though. Caterpillar farms!?!?

Mitchenstein said...

Lol. Well yes, according to the Salvation Army's gift catalogue: 'In the Democratic Republic of Congo caterpillars are a delicacy and a very valuable source of nutrition. A family can grow and breed caterpillars for sale at market and for their own meals.'

So there you go! I'm not quite sure how you grow a caterpillar, but I think we know what they mean!

Mitchenstein said...

And I've just been assured that caterpillars are delicious!

Anonymous said...

That's fantastic, am very impressed! Wow people must have really hated your hair...

PS. Got lost in London today again, you know in 'A Bug's Life' where that leaf falls on the ground in the path of the ants and they panic because they don't know which way to go? That was me when they shut the circle and district lines both ways.