Friday, October 27, 2006

Every Time I Look Around...

I've noticed a curious phenomenon since I turned 23. Famous people just can't keep away from me! I've been stood next to someone famous every day since I turned 23. Admittedly, that's only been two days, but all the same.

So yesterday, I was at Fenchurch Street station when I turned around and realised I was standing five centimetres away from Jenny Eclair - comedienne and author Jenny Eclair to give her her full name (pictured left). Not only that, but she then got on my train carriage. Well, to put it more correctly, I got on her train carriage, but I can assure you that I was getting on the train anyway. I was with Katie so she can confirm that!

So yes, that was quite cool. But then today, I come out of the toilets at a cafe by university and realise that I'm standing next to Tim Vine, of the new BBC comedy 'Not Going Out' fame (see below, right). Actually standing next to him.

So now, as you can imagine, I'm kind of excited about who I'm going to be seeing tomorrow. Who will I turn around and see then? I can't work out whether the celebrities are getting bigger or smaller as the days go by - I thought that Jenny Eclair is probably more famous than Tim Vine, but then I found out that he's the world record holder for the number of jokes told in one hour (499) and he was also the first male on Channel five... it's a tough one.

I noticed that they were both lugging suitcases around - my illusions of fame were slightly shattered when I realised that famous people don't get their cases moved by someone else...

It's interesting - unlike Glyn and Matt, I don't need to travel to special places at special times to meet famous people (see Matt White's blog) - I just happen to hang out in the same places they do.

Sweet.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think John's actual words were 'By the way, we're getting on whichever train Jenny's getting on...' Seriously, John couldn't have been more excited if the entire cast of Friends had been at the station. Have yet to find another person who's actually heard of her though... :oP

Timmy Magic said...

Check my blog... I met the very same Jenny Eclair in Sainsbury's in Dulwich

Mitchenstein said...

You may say she's not famous Katie, but she only happened to be one of the answers on Who Wants to be a Millionaire tonight!

Glyn Harries said...

Can I point out, for the record, that we were idly shopping around in Ottakers when Chris Moyles came in and wanted his photo taken with us.

Just so you know.

Mitchenstein said...

And handed you his book?