Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Bitsa This And Bitsa That (Remember That Show?)

G'day everyone - how's it going? Well this is going to be a bit of an updatey blog filling you in on various things! Firstly, have you checked out the nostalgia section in the right-hand column? I've tried to add a little something for everyone :-D Let me know what you think!

By the way, there's a Salvation Army group from the USA (The Singing Company - isn't that a great name?!) who have released one album and a Christmas CD - check out their 'Joy to the World/Joy in The Salvation Army' track at www.thesingingcompany.com. Their 'Marching On in the Light' track is very cool. It's so great to find a young group that are proud of their Salvation Army heritage. Here they are:


Aren't they cool? I'd like to be their friend :-D

Anyway, Christmas is coming up soon - 6 days! (5 days for all you Europeans who celebrate it on the wrong day). So that's very exciting - but it's also a very busy time for many of us. I've grown up in The Salvation Army so I've been carolling on the streets for many years, but this was the first year where I actually conducted the band. Scary stuff. I had a feeling that someone was going to hit me with something, but they didn't and people seemed to really enjoy it - and the kids played really well, so I was a happy bunny. That's right.

I haven't been posting so much as I have a big essay to be working on (I really don't have time to be doing this!) but you know how it is when you're supposed to be working... Actually the essay is going pretty well - I just need to spend time on it making it completely unitelligible to anyone who might want to read it. That seems to be what they expect in MA essays.

Of course, you're all wanting to know who came in positions 11-20 in the poll to find the best Neighbour of all time, aren't you?! My money's on Harold. So here they are:

20. Jim Robinson (630 points)
19. Billy Kennedy (682 points)
18. Dylan Timmins (726 points)
17. Janelle Timmins (798 points) No! I really thought she'd be higher than this!
16. Mrs Mangel (805 points) Another one of mine... She was classic!
15. Stingray Timmins (931 points) Them Timminses is mighty popular
14. Charlene Robinson (935 points) That's pretty low...
13. Stephanie Hoyland (992 points) Are you kidding?! She's pants!
12. Lou Carpenter (1343 points)
11. Libby Kennedy (1365 points)

OK, so Harold, Helen, Karl, Susan, Madge, Joe, Toadie, Paul... Who's it gonna be?! Sky?! Izzy?! Man, Ned better not be on that list. It has to be Harold. Well, keep posted and we'll see!

By the way, there were supposed to be pictures of Lou and Janelle in this post, but blogger won't let me add them. It says that it has, but I think we can all disagree with that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey.. I remember Turtles ;)

Anonymous said...

NINETEENTH?!

This list of yours is rubbish.

(Used to love Bitsa, especially the part where they had to make something out of bits and pieces in less than 3 minutes! Was always a bit tense but they never failed to come up with something...)

Daniel said...

"unitelligible"... did you accidentally miss or add a letter? ;-)
Hmm... This now makes this blog entry kind of unintelligible. :-p
Okay, I'm quite sure you mean "unintelligible" and just missed to hit the 'n' as I can imagine how those essays have to be. Hehe... Of course, it's a good technique to make it unintelligible - the more they can interprete in it. It's always like that. :-D

Anyway, I still don't know any of those "Neighbours"...... And I read more and more names here... Scares me... :-| ^^