Saturday, December 02, 2006

Superficial?

Apart from the particularly moving post about Peter (see below), it could be said that my blog is fairly superficial. I don't go in for the heavy questions about life that Matt, Stephen and Glyn go in for (and do so well).

Well, I'm determined to prove there's more to Mitchenstein than just superficiality. And that's why the time has come to announce who's come in positions 31-50 in the poll to find the greatest character in Neighbours of ALL time! If you remember, back in August I mentioned that www.perfectblend.net - a website I found entirely by chance, I promise! - had started a poll to find the best Neighbour of all time! Four months later, and the first results are out!! Yippee!

So, here we go!

31. Gail Robinson (372 points)
32. Bree Timmins (367 points) Nice!33. Dione Bliss (357 points)
34. Joe Scully (355 points)
35. Cheryl Stark (345 points)
36. Liljana Bishop (349 points)
37. Serena Bishop (326 points) Are you kidding me?
38. Elle Robinson (322 points) The worst actress in Neighbours ever. And that's saying something.
39. Nina Tucker (318 points)
40. Rachel Kinski (304 points)
41. Lyn Scully (288 points)
42. Felicity Scully (285 points)
43. Julie Robinson/Martin (268 points)
44. Anne Wilkinson (266 points)
45. Dorothy Burke (256 points)
46. Max Hoyland (247 points) The most boring character ever? =48. Annalise Hartman (238 points)
=48. Cody Willis (238 points)*
49. Philip Martin (223 points)
50. Clive Gibbons (217 points)

*Victim of Neighbours' most realistic death scene. A drugs bust takes place in the middle of Ramsay Street. A gun goes off and shoots Cody, who happens to be in her lounge. Marvellous.

I'm quite impressed to see that none of my top ten characters have appeared yet (Harold Bishop, Susan and Karl Kennedy, Janelle Timmins, Scott and Charlene Robinson, Madge Bishop, Helen Daniels and Mrs. Mangel. Have I selected the top ten by chance?!)

I'm glad I seized this opportunity to add some real depth to my blog.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Billy Kennedy will make it to the top 10 I reckon (or at least he'd make it to mine...) And Katya beats Elle in the bad acting stakes. I mean seriously, what group of people got together and decided she would make good viewing?!

The FOOLS... ;o)

Stacey said...

Well i voted for bree and i must say im bittely dissapointed for her to not have made it higher... im am however hoping marlene kratz doesnt make it as she, along with debbie, hannah and julie martin may have made up the most annoying people IN THE WORLD group!