Thursday, February 22, 2007

A Slightly Different Approach...

This suave chap is Sigurður Ingimarsson. Or rather Captain Sigurður Ingimarsson of The Salvation Army. If we a had competition to find the coolest Salvation Army officer (and I think we should), I think this guy would have a fair chance of winning. This guy doesn't even need a polo shirt to be cool. Not only does he lead a Salvation Army corps in a small town in Iceland, with his wife, which has a monthly rock/gospel event attended by around 120 kids each month, he is also - as far as I know - the only Salvation Army officer ever to have entered X-Factor!Not only did he enter X-Factor, he got into the last twelve! More than that, he got into the last nine! His reasons for wanting to do it? According to the Icelandic Salvation Army website (in Icelandic I'm afraid - although I guess that's understandable). he's always looking for new ways to spread the gospel - and full credit to him! What a great idea.
Unfortunately, he was voted off this week:

I'm wondering whether I can persuade my officer to go in for the next series...

2 comments:

Timmy Magic said...

He looks Jack Dee in the first picture...

Anonymous said...

áfram Ísland :)