Saturday, April 07, 2007

Some More Points...

Point One:
Well the number of new languages appearing in the right-hand column has slowed down slightly... But I did get to add Russian this week (thanks Anna!), so remember, if any of you speak any languages or dialects I don't already have fluently, let me know so you can translate William Booth's quote for me! Nineteen languages and counting...

Point Two:
I came home from the Sunday morning meeting on Sunday (strangely enough - that's when we have them) and I realised that I didn't really like my hair... It had got quite long. So I shaved it all off again (but didn't ask for money this time!). Then I went to the Sunday night meeting and only 4 people noticed... (We get considerably more than 4 people to the Sunday night meeting). Now, of course, I didn't do it to get noticed, but I reckon that more people did notice, but were worried about commenting in case they'd missed it in the morning meeting...

Point Three:
I had a great weekend last weekend. AJ and Mike very kindly invited me round to see their new place and to catch up. I'd kinda been out of the loop for a while, as far as meeting with other young Salvos goes, so it was really cool to catch up again. In the evening we went to a concert at The Salvation Army in Wickford as some of my friends from Germany were over with their band. It was really cool to see them again (I hadn't seen them since German Music School in 2005) and we had a great time, catching up again on Sunday and Monday. Hopefully I'll see them again this summer.

Point Four:
I kinda like the idea of having a poll on this page (see right), but the only problem is that it shows the numbers of people voting... So now it looks like only 12 people have viewed this site this week, even though I know others have read it, that haven't selected an option. What's more, who on earth voted for 'Heart'?! How on earth can you choose being able to hear monkey thoughts over creating tornados?! Madness... In Germany they called that power 'Liebe' ('Love'), which is even lamer...

Point Five:
This has been a fairly short post, and admittedly not one of my best, but I could hardly let this weekend go by without wishing everyone a HAPPY EASTER! I hope you all have a great weekend, whatever you're doing. I really love Easter Sunday - there's always such an exciting feel about it. So if you're not doing anything this Sunday, why not check out a local Salvation Army or other church and see what's going on?! (You can't say I didn't try :-D )

PS.
Point Six:
Here's hoping for a Mars Bar Easter Egg from someone... Someone told me that you should never reveal your favourite sweets, because that's all anyone will ever give you in the future. But I can think of not much better than being inundated with Mars Bar eggs...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gleðilega páska :)

Anonymous said...

Hi John, feliz pascoa, and Gossau is in St. Gallen...I doubt this information helps you anything at all, as you dont even know where Thun is! You are so unintelectual, really! :-)

Anonymous said...

Hej John!
Är in och läser om dig lite nu och då så jag håller mig uppdaterad... Du ser ut att må bra och ha det bra!! Här i Umeå är det ungefär som vanligt. En tjej från England (Amy Matthews) är här i tre månader och pluggar. Jag känner redan att jag kommer att sakna henne när hon åker hem. Och hon påminner mig om dig! Som jag saknar! Men det är kul att läsa om dig och vad du gör! =) Ta hand om dig!! Jimmy hälsar! KRAM Linnea

Mitchenstein said...

Vad kul att höra från er! Jag visste inte att ni hade läst min blogg. Hoppas att ni båda mår bra. Och jag saknar er så mycket (och kåren och Umeå och ICA Mariehem…). En dag måste jag komma tillbaka till Umeå. Hoppas att staden inte har glömt mig än...

Blev lite förvånad när jag läste att någon från England studerar i Umeå! Men vad kul. Hoppas att hon trivs där. Men det gör hon säkert!

Hälsa alla på kåren!

Ta hand om er,

John