Friday, May 11, 2007

Me Again...

So... yes, I promised that May would mark the return to my days of blogging glory. However, May is turning out to be a bit of a sucky month in several ways, so I apologise for how long it's taken me to get this post done. Today was also coursework deadline day... Nuff said.

Point One
So, Katie (yes, the embargo is over and I can now mention her by name once more) finally delivered the Tagalog translation of the William Booth quote, so that's now at home in the right-hand column. The Slovak quote has also been updated (Anna managed to forget the pretty important bit about God). To celebrate the end of the Katie embargo, I will tell you an exciting fact about Katie. Sometimes, when she speaks, it's like she's a really bad actress.

Look out for that.

Point Two
I recently discovered a blog the other day, which I found very cool. It's the exact kind of thing I love. Two guys have decided to try and prove how global London is by finding a national of every single one of the world's 192 countries. Hence the London picture at the top of this post. This national has to be living here, not just on holiday, and they have to live in London - no commuters. This is the kind of idea I wish I'd had first... Check out www.worldinonecity.blogspot.com. They're up to 71 countries. Not bad, not bad.

Point Three
My health-kick is back on - I'm determined to carry round less of the lard by the time summer comes round. I've often started a health-kick and they don't usually last too long. But now, I've discovered that one of my tops accentuates my man boobs, so I'm wearing that one a lot to remind me of the task ahead.

Point Four
This is my fiftieth post - is that worthy of a mention?

Point Five
As all of my close friends will know (if you didn't know, then you're obviously not a close friend ;) ), I'm a little bit of a Eurovision fan. And the other day I was watching Swedish TV (as I do to keep my Swedish up to scratch) and they had a programme about Eurovision on it. It had a bit about how Georgia is in the Eurovision for the first time and what a massive deal it is for them to be accepted as part of Europe and start to look towards a new, exciting future after years of war and hardship. The President of Georgia even spoke to say how proud he was and how he had always longed for Georgia to be able to join in. You see how some of the Eastern European countries put in their very top performers and how seriously they take it. And then you look at the United Kingdom who sents in whatever rejects they can find who dance around with suitcases making pretty banal innuendos (although they do have nice voices). One guy said 'And this is from the land of the Beatles?' On the one hand it seems a little disrespectful and on the other hand it's kinda embarrassing.

But not half as embarrassed as I'd feel tomorrow night if I was from the Ukraine! Just you wait.

But it's all fun!

All that's left to say is:

VOTE GERMANY and

SLOVENIA!!!

(Obviously those are two different countries. It's not like Bosnia and Herzegovina or Trinidad and Tobago or anything like that. If you're from Germany, you'll have to just vote for Slovenia or maybe Serbia. Or drive over the border - there's one not far from you - to vote for Germany, but that's a little silly. OK?)

3 comments:

Katie said...

That was rather mean... and I actually don't have a clue what you're referring to in Point One, so I doubt anyone else will!

That blog is really cool (the london one, not yours). It's a real 'stupid boy project', isn't it? Read the Latvian entry, we really should've looked round that occupation musuem...

And it's about time you blew the dust off your bike. A slug does more exercise than you. (I wouldn't normally say that, but sometimes you just push me too far...)

Mitchenstein said...

Ok, before people think I'm being mean to Katie - after reading her comment, I sent her a text reminding her of the time I was talking about, and she agreed that sometimes when she speaks, she's like a bad actress.

So that's ok then :-D

Congratulations Serbia!

Daniel said...

yea..... I wrote something and again it didn't work...
Well here this would be it (if it works this time (good to save the comments before posting them..)):


Have fun tonight - Grand Prix night!!!!! :D

actually, i got to say, i've again and again been sad what losers germany sent there. and then also what losers at all perform there...
then i become sad that the times of performers of great orchestral pop music like john miles seem to be over. :-|

the last year's winner ... also a thing i can't understand!

and i think it was 2 years ago i wished germany to get not even one point! i mean, it'd made the humiliation (for the performer - not to link her with the country.. pff) perfect - but then we got 2 points.. gna!

this year however i find germany got a good representative (or however you can call it).

so... umm... did i already say? have fun!! and see ya quite soon,

- ich - :D