Tuesday, May 01, 2007

AAARGH!!





I needed that.
People, I am well aware that April was not my best month for blogging - yes, the posts I did put up were rather good, but I didn't really blog at the frequency I should have. I know. And I feel bad. But these last few weeks have been like AAARGH!! You know, when things you were excited about don't quite turn out as planned, etc. And I thought, well maybe people come to Mitchenstein to be entertained and or cheered up and I can't go throwing negativity around so I waited. And waited. Also, due to the amount of study I have at the moment, I haven't really had much else to blog about. And no-one wants to know about my translation from Norwegian or postcolonial translation theories if they're honest. And I think we should be.

So here are some positive things:

Point One:
This is a picture of me introducing Hokey-Cokey Elmo to Tickle-Me Elmo Extreme:

This was from October. but I thought this was a good a time as any to put it up.

Point Two:

And since I last posted, the William Booth Quote campaign (it's a campaign now, not a project) has picked up speed again and I now have it in Latvian, Greek, Korean and Slovak - so thanks to Evie, Haris, Tim and Anna. Unnamed Friend 1 also managed to get it for me in Tagalog. Before losing it. Apparently some of you can't see the Greek and/or Korean versions as your computers don't have the fonts... Well I can assure you they really are there - I can see them! 23 languages down, but... quite a few to go. Can YOU help?

Point Three:

So, Please Don't to Cry received quite a positive... reception. Keep your eyes peeled for Mitchenstein, the album, featuring Please Don't to Cry in an exciting Bhangra mix.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hei John, super fotos....war das das Probe-Posen für Albumcover? genau deswegen wollte ich dich ja NICHT anrufen, weil ich gedacht habe, nein, der muss jetzt lernen und wichtigeres tun als mir beim Hypern zuhören...aber du hast das ganz toll gemacht *freu*. Thanks for support! c u, muntsch

Katie said...

Honestly, you make me out to be such a bad friend. You go to the ends of the earth to buy twinkies, I go on holiday and can't even manage to hang on to a bit of paper. Although I did just remember a bit of it. 'While' is translated as 'habang'.

Every little helps.

Andy said...

You say no-one will be interested in your stuff about translation theories...

Glyn, and I know this for a fact, loves hearing about all aspects of translation discussion. He used to lap it up when he lived at ours. Why not call him to discuss it?

Daniel said...

Heya! And you still didn't send me your essay nor any linguistic science programme (what am I talking? does that even exist?).

Good to let out aggressions sometimes. We go shoot therefore, I think. ^^

Well, best wishes to you.

See ya soon!

- Me -

(hey, this post wasn't even really as "durchflochten" as usual ;) )

Katie said...

Well, where is it then? Hmm? Your quotes appear to stop at Swiss German.

By the way, I finally updated my blog. There is actually nothing for you to moan at me about anymore!

1) Tagalog translation (check)
2) Postcard (check)
3) Blog updated (check)

Do I get a certificate?