Friday, May 25, 2007

Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah

This morning was a great morning. And I needed a great morning. I woke up to discover that since I started my last health-kick, I have lost 7lbs! (Over three kilos to those Europeans who read this). And gone from belt hole 5 to belt hole 3 (not since yesterday obviously). So that was nice. And then while walking to the station I was accompanied by a squirrel on the way. And then university went really well. The only thing that would have made it more Hollywood, as far as happy days go, would have been if the squirrel and I had stopped and sung a duet together.

I'm 23 years old. Often I think that's quite old, but then the other day it dawned on me that it really isn't. It can't be that old - look at Elmo and Big Bird below. It's just that I very rarely get to act like a 23 year old, if you know what I mean. And by that, I just mean have some fun with friends. I love everything I'm involved in at the moment, really I do. I've tried a couple of extra things but they haven't really worked out, so I'll need to put my thinking cap on there. That's one of the reasons why I'm really looking forward to music school this summer.And I can tell you now that I definitely won't be blogging next week I'm afraid as I have a three day exam. This is a short post, but revision calls.

Coming!

This post was originally called 'Belts and Big Birds', but then I suddenly realised that that might be somewhat misleading as to the actual content of the post.

9 comments:

Daniel said...

hey, i got a great idea. i write a comment in a point-plot (whoa, can that be a new word? cause there is a word "plot point", but this way it might mean something really in the meaning of what i meant, or? :S)

point 1: lol! how different the titles for a blog can be... ^^
and yea, maybe the original one would appear a bit ambiguous?! :p

point 2: i like squirrels!

point 3: i like music school! on the other hand... i don't like it - i love it. for me the best 10 days in the entire year (except for the case of national and international especial salvation army congresses). so i'm looking forward to it, too, of course. :D

Graeme said...

"Belts and big birds" would have been genius!!!

Katie said...

Let's face it, 23 is ancient.

When shall I get the men to deliver the walk in bath unit?

Timmy Magic said...

In response to your comment of 1 yonk ago, I decided to learn Dutch because I was bored and don't like not being able to talk to half of Belgium and Holland

Daniel said...

Just recognizing.... is the title maybe modelled after the new Axe campaign?! BomChicka-WahWah!!! :D

Mitchenstein said...

No, Daniel, it has nothing to do with that. It's from the Disney film 'Song of the South' ("Onkel Remus’ Wunderland" in German). The song goes:

'Zip-a-Dee Doo Dah,
Zip-a-Dee Day,
My oh my, what a wonderful day'

(Because I was having a good day. I just noticed how lazy it is rhyming 'day' with 'day'...)

Daniel said...

uh, okay. ^^

and i forgot.. German "Axe" (but pronounced Englishly - silly enough) has got a different name over there..

Like you call "Vauxhall" what we call "Opel" ... I just don't understant that probably..

Mitchenstein said...

Yeah, we call it Lynx (pronounced the English way)... But I knew what you meant!

Daniel said...

Right, Lynx... forgot that name.. :) Yeah, I guessed you'd know what I'm talking about (or how else could you have smelled so well 2 years ago ^^ ... Err.. Okaaay. :-p Actually, I don't remember), but I wanted to be compatible with the rest of your huge readership, too. ;-)