Saturday, June 02, 2007

Something Funny

Do you want to hear something funny?

Well, do ya?

Well, apparently, the little dot above an 'i' or 'j' is called a... Wait for it... tittle!


I needed that... This week with its three-day exam proved to be pretty heavy! At first I quite liked the idea of bringing an exam paper home to work on the two essays I needed to write - but it was pretty stressful. I felt so guilty every time I went to eat something or went to the toilet, thinking 'I should really be working'. At least with a three-hour exam it's over and you can just forget about it - but for THREE DAYS?! Argh. I spent the three days solid working on the essay, completely losing track of time, and evidently, the ability to communicate with humans... Hence my - 'I must say, that really is very good' comment on Glyn's blog.

This summer's not sorted yet, but I've already planned next year. As part of my bid to visit every country in Europe, I plan to visit every country in Europe. I was quite happy when I discovered that there's a direct railway line between Slovenia and Greece, taking in like a million countries on the way (Well, three - five in total). That would be so cool. Anyone up for it? (Preferably people I know).

Speaking of different countries, as we were, the worldinonecity people have published a list of the countries they haven't met anyone from yet - do you know any people living in London from countries on that list?!

I saw Matt Barbet on Carnaby Street the other day - that's four D-listers since October! How rock and roll am I?

ADDED: Tomorrow night I'm singing a song at church called 'I Will Offer Up My Life' - I think it's called that. Anyway, I've been practising it, but in the middle of the chorus I keep going into 'You're So Vain'... That's a little worrying. Stephen, if you're reading this, I won't sing that on the night. I hope.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Is this a bit like your bid to visit all the places on the monopoly board? Or are you actually going to do this one... also, you're not planning to do it all in one day are you? That would be madness! (whereas going to Riga and Hamburg for less than 24 hours is completely sane...)

By the way, I think you'll find the lyrics are 'Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay', not 'day'. Which isn't quite as lazy.

And one more thing. Matt who?!

Mitchenstein said...

Katie, Matt Barbet - he's only like one of the newsreaders on BBC London! (Have a look - http://www.bbc.co.uk/london/content
/articles/2005/05/26/matt_barbet_pe
rson_profile.shtml).

As for the other points you raise (Essay John coming back again), yes I am planning to do it - as with the Monopoly thing but ALL OF THE PEOPLE WHO SAID THEY COULD DO IT WERE LIKE, I'M BUSY. I still want to do that too!

Oh Katie, Miss Song-of-the-South. I've never actually seen the film... but I've been singing it wrong for years. Evidently.

Daniel said...

Well, a trip through Europe - well, would you say you know me? Then here I am. :-p

We wanted to do that last year after school (and I don't mean the afternoon, but the months between school and uni or army or whatever)... Me and 3-4 other friends.. But, well, we realized it seemed to get quite expensive and at the end... Well, we ended in Neßmersiel at the northsea... It still was a funny week - but the place was quite lame. ^^

Oh, and good to know who is Matt Whatever. ;-)
So, you met him? Did you talk with him? :O