Saturday, June 23, 2007

Happy Birthday! (Part One)

Yes, exactly one year ago, I sat down (on my second attempt) and started this blog - and you heard the word 'mitchenstein' for the first time (I'm guessing). So that makes today this blog's birthday. (Like, d'oh).

I'm fairly proud of myself (and that's why this post is pretty self-congratulatory, but someone's gotta do it).
When I started (fatter, hairier and younger), after having been inspired by Tim, Matt and Glyn, I didn't know how long it would last for, whether I'd be able to keep up people's interest, etc. But I'm pretty proud of how it turned out (bar the slightly dark days of the 'Greatest Neighbour of All Time' poll). It's been a lot of fun.

And a lot's happened in a year. Some bloggers have stopped, such as Jóhanna, while others, such as Stephen, Andreas, Katie, Andy, Stacey, Philipp and Daniel have joined the blogging world (with various degrees of success - well done Katie and Andy).

To mark this momentous occasion (I'm fairly surprised my phone hasn't been ringing off the hook today with all the messages of congratulations... was this date not in your diary?!) this week I will be adding a post EVERY DAY. And I actually will. This isn't one of those Glyn-type things where I'll say I'll do something and then stop after doing it once, like the Procrastination Hall of Fame, Anday or A Day by Day Report of Roots 2007 (Sorry Glyn, but I couldn't think of examples from other people...)

So, here's a few memories of the year gone by, and keep checking back during the week!

3 comments:

Katie said...

I have to say, I'm rather impressed by that montage! Although I'm beginning to question your definition of a 'manic' week, if that's all you've been doing...

Congratulations on the blog, you've done really well! An awful lot has happened in the last year, hasn't it? By the way, your encouragement in that post has inspired me to update my blog, so check it in a bit. :-D

Evie said...

Happy Birthday! It's a great read - keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Wow - congratulations :-) I let you know right away if I start blogging again :þ

Your blog is fun!