Friday, June 29, 2007

Happy Birthday! (Part Seven)

So, here we are at the end of the Mitchenstein First Birthday week. This'll just be a short post because, well, let's face it, I've had quite a lot to say recently! But it's been quite a lot of fun actually. Although I've had to clear up on several occasions that it's not actually been my birthday. LOADS of people have been blogging for over a year and never mentioned it, but hey, why not? But let me tell you that blogging every day is harder than I'd thought!

It's been a good ol' year: haircuts, goats, tube journeys, toilet hunts in Hendon, travelling to random islands, Mr Bounce, Mitchies, headlining at the Albert Hall, posing as a French horn player, tittles, quotes in many languages, Liechtenstein, being Legolas (well, pretending to be Legolas, I wasn't actually him), meeting celebrities, HoDo-ing, Glynjohnball... Oh the memories.

Final thoughts:
1. The Mitchies. Definitely going to develop that idea next year. Next year's Mitchies will be partially voted for by you the readers (providing you go for it, obviously). I'm already working out how that's going to go. But that's not for another year, so I'll probably forget about this by then (nah, I won't).

2. Yesterday I posted my ambitions for the next year. Today I was thinking that there's one more I didn't post. Over the next (blogging) year, I'm going to attempt to 'seize the day' more - do some really exciting things. That's the plan. Recently - and I've mentioned it before - I've been acting a little old before my time, and it's remarkably easy to say 'No' to everything. But I'll try to change that. Wish me luck!

Here's to the next year! Who knows where we'll go?!

6 comments:

Glyn Harries said...

Have you read "Yes Man" by Danny Wallace? That's good seize the day inspiration material right there.

I too would like to be more spontaneous. Can I join your Carpe Diem posse? We can hold parties and do exciting stuff. I propose an initial spontaneous seize the say planning commitee meeting to get the ball rolling.

Graeme said...

Danny Wallace - Genius. "Yes Man" is a great book - highly recommend it, and it's laugh out loud funny!

Mitchenstein said...

A spontaneous seize the day planning committee meeting... Sounds good. I'm not sure when I can make it. Erm... Well, I'll check my diary and get back to you...

Glyn, you are very welcome to join the Carpe Diem posse! Where do we go from here?

And yes, as I was writing my last post, I realised it was getting a little close to Danny Wallace's Yes Man (fantastic book) - in fact, almost plucking lines right out of it, but it's all true.

I LOVE projects like that, or like Join Me or this World in One City thing that I keep mentioning on my blog. I'd love a 'stupid boy-project' as they're called in one of Danny Wallace's books. I just need to come up with one...

Katie said...

The monopoly thing was kind of a one day stupid boy project. If only you'd gone through with it. What about finding out how many other John Mitchinsons there are in the world?

And how many times has Danny Wallace been mentioned on your blog now John? I'm sure we've talked about 'Yes Man' before...

One more thing. Can I be in the posse?

Mitchenstein said...

I still really want to do that Monopoly thing - I think it would be a cool day... (Visit everywhere on the Monopoly board including a policeman, a car park, a jail, water works and electric company in one day... Not too sure about the Community Chest). It maybe needs an extra something to spice it up (I have one idea). But this isn't going to be one of those things that is talked about that never happens (although I first mentioned it almost a year ago), but a date has been pencilled into the diary (not literally, I don't own a pencil) and I'll be emailing those who showed some interest (admittedly not much) before. Anyone else that wants to come should let me know (It will be better, the more people that come, obviously).

Daniel said...

awaiting your e-mail... ;)

congratulations to the succeed of your birthday week! great job! and you seem to be inspired to do a lot more in the next year. good boy, so i got stuff to read for the next year. ;D

okay, see you in music school! i got some stuff to do until saturday when we go to sweden and on the way back, yea... i'll jump off at Plön! so, see you there! =D

~ Me ~ ^^