Monday, June 25, 2007

Happy Birthday! (Part Three)

Well here we are on the third day of the birthday celebrations. This non-stop blogging malarky will be the death of me, but there's more to come! Today:

Mitchenstein in Statistics

Number of posts (before this week): 55 (I managed more than one a week on average (just), so I'm pretty chuffed with that.)
Number of comments altogether: 217
Number of comments by me: Well this would take ages to count, but it's probably higher than it should be.
Languages of posts: English, German
Languages of comments: English, German, Swedish, Icelandic (thanks Jóhanna!)
Number of languages William Booth quote has been found in (see right-hand column): 24

Those statistics were more for my benefit than anyone else's, but that's allowed. Anyway, this brings me on to the subject of 'comments'. Now, I don't consider myself to be a comment-hunter, but let's face it, it's always nice when someone leaves a little comment on your blog, isn't it? Anyone who denies that probably isn't telling the truth. But I don't think that the success of a particular post can be determined by the number of comments it gets.

Liechtenstein
However, on my very first day as a blogger, I wrote a post about Liechtenstein (Mitchenstein in Liechtenstein), the tiny little country that gave this blog its name. I'd originally written a post called 'Mitchinson in Liechtenstein', but thought 'those two names are so similar, that if one of them was changed slightly, the title would sound much better'. And I couldn't very well change the name of Liechtenstein, so it was mine that was sacrificed. Anyway, I maintain that this was the best post I have ever written - witty and informative. I can't believe that anyone who read this post didn't learn something about Liechtenstein that they never knew before. It took me ages (the published version was the third draft!). The public reaction? Zilch. Nothing. Niente. Which was fine, but now it's so far back in the archives that probably no-one will ever see it. If, my friends, you were to give me one little present for this blog birthday, nothing could top a small sign of acknowledgement at the bottom of that post :-D

Here's a picture of Liechtenstein to inspire you:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Það var ekkert, fínt að kommenta á íslensku inn á milli :)