Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Happy Birthday! (Part Four)

So here we are on Day Four of the Birthday week - over half-way through the celebrations. And there's no sign of letting up!

In my first ever post, I wanted to introduce myself to the world (well, 'world' is maybe slightly excessive, but to the people that would read this blog), so I wrote down a few facts about me. I think the time has come to update them now. So I will. Here goes:

Favourite Book:
2006: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time
2007: Mr Bounce*

Secret (and perhaps slightly embarrassing) Fact:
2006: I own three copies of Disney’s Hercules on DVD (it’s for the gospel-style music!)
2007: Accidentally going to toilet in a cupboard in McDonalds in France (I've mentioned this here before, so it's not so secret, but it's still pretty embarrassing, all these years afterwards)

Favourite Character from Friends:
2006: Phoebe
2007: Still Phoebe I'm afraid (but I must say that Rachel and increasingly Ross (I know!) are coming close...)

Thing That Annoys Me Most:
2006: People who don’t have locks on their bathrooms
2007: Yeah, the bathroom thing still gets me (it's mainly in Australia it seems - I don't get it!), but people who panic in SubWay because 'I've never ordered here before, I don't know what to do!' I'm finding quite annoying (they spoil SubWay Wednesday).

Favourite TV Show:
2006: Kath & Kim
2007: Kath & Kim still, I'm afraid (Friends is, of course, a given, but I mean current show)

Prized Possession:
2006: My Hokey-Cokey Elmo
2007: My Tickle-Me Elmo EXTREME (Yes, that's right)

*Mr Bounce is without a doubt one of the funniest books I've ever read. Once when Glyn and I, together with two others friends, read it, we were in tears. It's got everything you could want from a book - humour, sadness (there's some really moving moments), hope, surprise and it's so short that upon reading it, you feel you've really achieved something. And nothing can prepare you for that twist at the end. But my favourite thing about Mr Bounce is the fact that on the bottom of several pages it says 'And you can guess what happened next, can't you?' and then you turn over and something happens that you NEVER would have guessed. And I like that. For those of you that haven't read Mr Bounce it only costs a mere £1.79 from Amazon.co.uk, so why not throw a copy into your shopping basket next time you buy something from there? (At time of writing there were only four copies left, so you'd better be quick). Let's see if we can move it up from place number 80,353 in the Amazon chart.

Mr Bounce, a classic
PS. I promised some of my friends a particularly good post today and told them that they should check online today to see it. However, due to unforseen circumstances (that sounds impressive), I've had to move it back a couple of days. Not that this post isn't good, but it's not the best post I've written.

Take care and see you tomorrow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

salut!
je s'avais pas que sa fait deja une annee. je te souhaite une tres belle anniversaire et je eu le plaisir a lire ton blog je t'e tres heureuse devoir un de ton titre en lingala. j'espere que cette anne sera plus mieux que l'anne passe.
nzambe a pambola yo.

Anonymous said...

Tonight I read all the Happy Birthday posts consecutive!!
See you tommorrow!