Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Happy Birthday! (Part Five)

Welcome to Day Five of the Birthday Week. Now if there was a day that I thought I wouldn't be able to get a post written, that was today, so I've just managed to get the time to jot this down.

Before I start though, I must say I'm a little worried about the power I seem to have... Let me explain. In my last post, I briefly encouraged the readers of this blog to purchase a copy of Mr Bounce the next time they buy something from Amazon.co.uk, and mentioned that it would be good to see whether we could raise the position of the book in the Amazon book chart. Yesterday, Mr Bounce occupied the fairly lowly 80,353rd position. Today it has managed to jump up a whopping 60,000 places to position 17,181 (as of Wednesday morning). Sixty thousand places?! Now, I'm not saying that that has anything to do with me and my little ol' blog, but I think we can say that it definitely does, and apparently thousands of people read this and do everything I say. (I think that's a fairly safe conclusion). So now what? I'm a little bit unsettled by this new-found power and I'm not too sure what to do with it... Maybe I can fight crime.

ANYWAY, that was not the subject of today's blog. Oh no. In my first ever post, as well as mentioning a few of my favourite things, I also gave some ambitions for the coming year. They were (in a slightly abridged form), these:

1. Get a piece of music published by The Salvation Army.
2. Get a book published (or rather, take steps towards getting a book published).
3. Lose some weight.
4. Start a blog.
5. Start a gospel choir.

I then admitted that these were probably more life ambitions, rather than just for the next year, but this is how they've gone:

1. No I haven't had any music published. But then again I haven't written any, so this was unlikely.
2. Well, I won't say much about this yet, but WATCH THIS SPACE!
3. I have, my friends, lost 16lbs in the last two months (that's just over 7kg for my European friends). Yes, that is amazing.
4. Admittedly I'd already achieved this one when I wrote them down last time.
5. No, I haven't started a gospel choir.

So actually they're going kinda well. So here are the new ones for the next blogging year:

1. Get a piece of music published by The Salvation Army.
2. Lose a little more weight (I'm nearly where I want to be!)
3. Start a gospel choir.
4. Be able to speak another language fluently by this time next year. As you know, I am a little bit of a language freak, so I'm actually trying to learn three languages at the same time... We'll see how that goes.
5. Get a new hobby.
6. Keep this blog going.

So that's where I am.

Take care and see you tomorow!

PS. I can now add Lingala and French to the languages I've had comments in. So that's nice.

P.P.S. And congratulations to my friend Jóhanna who, I didn't realise, has been blogging for nearly four years. Now that is impressive (It turns out that not everyone makes as much of a song and dance out of a blog birthday as me, but never mind). She used to have her own blog too (the other one is a group one she started). Maybe she'll be inspired to start that one up again... Well done!

6 comments:

Graeme said...

1. Get a piece of music published by The Salvation Army.
2. Get a book published (or rather, take steps towards getting a book published).
3. Lose some weight.
4. Start a blog.
5. Start a gospel choir.

Ok,
1. Well, I've had a piece submitted, although that was over 2 years ago! I just wrote the words you understand, I left the music to someone actually talented in that department! Songsters have sung it though, and have collaborated with same composer since as well, although we haven't sung that one yet!
2.Er no, although I'm sure the world would like to read some of the bedtime stories I've told Eloise - or maybe not!
3. Don't wish to rain on your parade, but I've lost 42lbs (Don't know the metric sorry!) since middle of January
4. Check!
5. No, but have attempted to take the songsters more in that direction.

That's quite similar to you John! Are we related???!!!

Katie said...

This is really in reference to the last post but I'm too lazy to scroll down to that one.

I've decided to order Mr. Men books as leaving presents for my Year 2's! Each one is going to have a book that matches his/her personality (might leave out the less flattering ones, Mr. Rude, Mr. Greedy, Mr. Uppity etc). And I might order Mr. Bounce for myself.

Seriously, I'm the best teacher ever.

Kat said...

just thought id say hi back. hope ur enjoyin ur bday week. x

Mitchenstein said...

Graeme - You've lost 42lbs?! Congratulations! That's really impressive... Is there any of you left now? And yes, we do have pretty similar aspirations! Although I forgot to mention that I'd also quite like to be a power ranger - does that apply to you too?

Katie - that is a pretty cool idea. Which one would you buy for me? (For 'would', read 'will').

Kat - Hi!

Daniel said...

is lbs equal to punds... google says that. and if so, google says 16 pounds would be 7.25747792 kilograms. So how much did you lose now actually? 2.5 kg - I just assume - wouldn't be that much of an aim... I guess (I lost something around that this weekend when I was ill ^^).

I congratulate you or your blog one more time!

And keep your aims going! I'm excited for that musical piece and the book (that entry I didn't understand really... have you got one written with the title "Watch This Space"? :D

Okay, see you later! And quite soon in Plön!!!

Yours,
~ Daniel ~

Mitchenstein said...

Hey Daniel!

You're completely right - I don't know what I was thinking... It would be so much easier if the whole world just used stones and pounds! It makes perfect sense...

So yes, I've lost over seven kilos, not three. I'll correct the post.

Hope you're feeling better now!

And as for the book bit, I coudn't tell whether you were joking or whether you really didn't understand! I'm involved in a little bit of a project which I will write more about later!

Take care and see you soon!