Tuesday, August 07, 2007

An Englishman in Plön (Introduction)

Howdy! Ok, so a week has passed since I got back from Germany and I haven't been able to write anything about the Plön Salvation Army Music Camp yet, but I know you guys are busting for a little bit of what went on, so this is a little introduction and a proper post with pictures, etc. will follow:

So, a little taster:


Herr, Deine Güte Reicht So Weit

This was our newly-formed male vocal quartet giving it some on the talent night - check out the beat-boxing courtesy of Andrew Mackereth. And it doesn't get much more international than this group (an Englishman, a German, a Moldovan and a Swiss... actually, that would be a pretty catchy name for the group).

So, if you need a male vocal group to special at some event, look no further ;)

That was Plön:

Credit to Patrick for uploading the video - cheers!

7 comments:

Katie said...

Wow John, that was really good!

And correct me if I'm wrong, but was that beat boxing guy the very same guy that wrote and conducted that Hillsongs piece that we sang at the Royal Albert Hall?

Check me out being observant...

Pat-rick said...

Haha, danke für die "Kredite" ;-). Ich hoffe so bald wie möglich dazu zu kommen noch mehr Videos hochzuladen.

(By the way to the foreign Katie: Yes it is the same guy, we sang that piece in Plön as well)

Anonymous said...

Hii John

I ve been here because anna s blog. I hope you are ok, I m glad to see you are travelling that much, enjoying life with music. And it s even better if you ll use all that knowledge or God!!!
Have good holliday!!
I can write to much even if i want, because my english is still an handycap.
Oh, by the way, I m Nelly, from France, or Chile. I don t know if you remember me (anna s friend)
whatever... just continue in that way!

Katie said...

Thanks Patrick for confirming that... I'm quite impressed with myself for remembering!

Foreign Katie

Anonymous said...

Hey John du hast es echt geschafft!!!!!!
Sorry, dass ich die CD noch nicht losschicken konnte, aber wenn du aus australien zurück bist ist die CD auch da.

P.S. Juhu das war main erstes Kommentar :-)

philipp hutter said...

hey john...
ich hab mir jetzt auch ne seite hier gemacht...
http://www.philipp-hutter.blogspot.com/

is noch nicht viel drauf, aber immerhin einanfang...kannst mich ja verlinken...:)

Glyn Harries said...

Spricht hier jemand Englisch? Entschuldigen Sie mein schlechtes Deutsch. Sehr gutes Singen und Beatboxing (gibt es ein deutsches Wort für das Beatboxing?)

Auf Wiedersehen

BOO-YEAH!!