Friday, August 03, 2007

Rostock

Ok, so now I'm being told off for not blogging in a while - but if you look at my last post, I did warn you that that would be the case! But, Philipp Reutter, your words have been heard, and here I am!

Well, I've just come back from almost two weeks in Germany - the biggest part of that time was spent at The Salvation Army's music school in Northern Germany in a beautiful little town called Plön, up in Schleswig-Holstein. The last few days were spent in Rostock, visiting friends I had made when I was living and studying in Sweden. As I'm still waiting for some pictures and things from music school, and I still don't know exactly what I'm going to write about that yet, I've decided to give you a little recap from Rostock first. You'll just have to wait for the other stuff - don't worry, it'll be ok.

Anyway, even though I was absolutely shattered after music school, it was still really good to get to Rostock and see Grit and friends. This is us:
(You can see that I look a little tired!)

Going to meet someone you haven't seen for two years and then falling asleep for 12 hours at their house may seem a little rude, but Grit was very nice about it! We had a really cool time - it didn't seem at all like two years had passed since we saw each other. And the best thing we did?

Jungle Speed
Jungle Speed is actually a French game we got addicted to in Sweden. It's fast, fun and potentially lethal. I used to be really good at it, but I'm not as young now as I used to be and some of my moves were a little rusty... Here's some action shots (this may have been the only time I've played Jungle Speed and not ended up bleeding, which was nice):
Grit, Katja, Diana and Volker

Katja, me, Diana and Volker

We also played Cluedo (or Clu-ay-do as they say there). I was certain that it was Frau Weiss in the Billiardzimmer with the Pistole... so you can imagine my surprise when I found out that I had in fact done it.

Another strange thing was that as soon as I arrived in Rostock, my German was amazing! If only the people from music school could have heard me then...

And the stupidest thing I did? Yes, I was pretty stupid. Now, imagine that you have a particularly heavy allergic reaction to a certain fruit... we'll say strawberry (I'm not going to tell you what fruit I actually do have a strong allergic reaction to, because that would be like Superman writing on his blog that Kryptonite kills him, and that's just stupid). Now, if you have an allergic reaction to strawberry, then the last thing you should do is probably drink something called strawberryade. Which is exactly what I did. Not the cleverest thing I've ever done - and believe me, I've learned my lesson now!

So thank you to Grit and Diana for a great time in Rostock. If anyone ever spots Jungle Speed for sale in England, let me know!

2 comments:

Zimmo said...

Thank you Mr Mitchinson! :-)

Sad,that the world cup winner of Jungle Speed (that would be me) couldn't attend the session.
But wait for the christmas time:
I'll be back (read it with an austrian dialect)

All the best!
Machs gut
Philipp :-)

Anonymous said...

Is this the world cup winner who only has played the red children version of Jungle Speed? I think you have to win the orange version before you could become a world cup winner.

So lets make a plan for a new battle!

See you
Christoph

You could order the game online in France :-)