Thursday, July 19, 2007

Race Against Time

A pretty big time restriction right now, so I'm going to attempt to get as much down as I can in a very short time!

See you on the other side...

Point One:
As those of you who read Katie's blog will know, we had a little day in Hamburg (where I lived for a little bit) this week. And very nice it was too (and hot - I reckon it was close to 40. Katie thinks I'm exaggerating, but it was 34 degrees at 8.30pm and MUCH hotter during the day. Maybe Philipp can tell the the temperature from Hamburg on Monday?!). I can't really add too much to what Katie said about it - she did quite well in retelling the day's events - but I can add a couple of pictures that she didn't have, mainly because I didn't give them to her (By the way, Hamburg's a particularly nice city, so if you're ever in the area, drop on in).

Me by the Small Lake (I'm not going to mess around with fancy photo comments).

Me and Katie by the Small Lake. It's amazing that this picture turned out well... The lady that took it for us was, in her own words (well, translated), 'not that good with technology'. We assumed she was just being modest, but when she tried to take a photo with the camera facing her, we saw that she in fact wasn't (modest or good with technology).

While waiting at the airport, there was the customary mad rush to get a seat. You know how it is - there's no member of staff around or anything, but one person gets up and the rest zoom to the desk. It was boiling hot, uncomfortable and claustrophobic. I thought to myself, 'I don't know whether I care enough about sitting next to Katie for this to be worth it'. The man next to me laughed, because I'd said it out loud.

Point Two:

NAMED AND SHAMED

As recently mentioned on Andy's blog, there has been a distinct lack of bloggage on the part of certain people whose blogs I check fairly often. I thought that maybe if I mentioned them, they'd be shamed into writing something. On his blog, Glyn wondered whether this is the beginning of the end for blogging. No. I certainly have no plan to give up yet. And actually, I know that more people are reading this blog than ever before AND that other friends are now starting to blog, so that's good stuff.

So come on Matt, Glyn and Tim (Graeme just saved himself by posting yesterday).

I've noticed that three of the above names are Mitchie award winners. And this has troubled me. Have some of the above people, on winning a Mitchie, now decided that they've achieved all they can in the blogging world and that there's no need to carry on? NO. The Mitchies were meant to encourage bloggers, not discourage them. Oh no.

I should mention that there will be a very slight blogging break from me for a little while, but not for long - and I'll be back!

Point Three:
Speaking of new bloggers (which I was a few lines back), Anna (who, rather excitingly, was enrolled as a Salvation Army soldier last week), has given up Bebo and finally jumped on the blogspot bandwagon. So that's good news. And now we don't need to pass a mini-exam every time we want to write a comment on her blog.

Point Four:
And I've seen the new Harry Potter film. And it's not bad. A little long, but there's some really good bits. I made the following observations:
a) There is, in fact, a limit to the amount of time you can sit and watch Daniel Radcliffe rolling around on the floor.
b) I want to be Luna Lovegood's friend.

Point Five:
If I had my own music awards, I decided this week that I would give out the following awards:

Best Key Change 2007: The Feeling - Never Be Lonely
Best Opening Line 2007: Mika - Stuck in the Middle ('I sit and think about the day that you're going to die.')

But I don't have my own music awards.

5 comments:

Katie said...

Yes, the man may have laughed, but when he tried to make similar humourous comments to his girlfriend, she didn't look at all impressed.

I really think we should consider that extra £2 for the priority tickets next time. I don't care about your principles.

Zimmo said...

Hej John,

so, here are the maximum temperatures in germany from last monday.
http://www.wetterzentrale.de/extern/fuchs/So07/Hitze-070716/0707161800Tmax.png

I have to disappoint you, it was only 33°C in the shadow (or 91°F ;-) )
Myself was sweating in my office, which has one window to the south, so it was approximately around 100°C hot and my sweat was immediatly evaporised...

Take care :)
Philipp

P.S. I like Mika as well!

Anna said...

-Anna, what were the most exciting things that happened to you last week?
-mhm, let me think...well, the absolutely most important thing was obviously that Ive changed from Bebo to blogspot....hm, and there was this other little thing...what was it again??? Oh, yeah, I was enroled as a soldier, but thats not THAT important, its the kind of thing that should be mentioned in brackets...
;-) Take care

Evie said...

Thanks for your assurance of prayer. I'll try to keep up the blogging, although I doubt if St. Louis will be as exciting as Riga! Does Ryanair fly there? You are welcome any time!

Timmy Magic said...

I would like to point out that I have now blogged again as I have a compter that works, an internet connection that works, and am not in Italy!

I even blogged before I read this post berating my lack of blogging post-Mitchie