Thursday, November 01, 2007

Ripped Off...

When I was ten years old, a group of us at school decided to make a band. We had it all planned out. We were going to hit the big time (apart from Stuart who used to sing behind the bookcase because he was too nervous to sing in front of people's faces).

One playtime, Joanna and I sat down to write our band's first song. It was called Never Again and it was actually very good (I wrote the verse and she wrote the chorus - my part was better). Later on, when Joanna wrote Don't Leave Me, I realised we were just heading in different directions musically.

Anyway, I digress. We used to have band practices every week (even with a keyboard) and the future looked bright for us. Until Gemma and I realised that the others were holding us back and we ditched them.

And that was it for us. The world missed out.

But why am I telling you this?

Today, I was sitting listening to Maroon 5's otherwise very good album, It Won't Be Soon Before Long.

As track 5, Nothing Lasts Forever, began to play, I realised that Maroon 5 had completely, unashamedly, ripped off Never Again. Now, who do I call about that?

1 comment:

Katie said...

That was a good post!

Not much else to say, but I just wanted to share my opinion.

I love the Maroon 5 album by the way! It was so nice of your uncle to buy it for me ;-)