Tuesday, February 05, 2008

A Day in the Mind

As a bit of an experiment, I decided to write down (most of) my thoughts over a 24-hour period. And they went something like this:

10.22pm
Argh. I'm sitting next to a couple on the train who are actually arguing about a Sudoku puzzle (Well I'm sorry, I thought the 2 was supposed to go in that box! [She doesn't sound particularly sorry]).

10.24pm
Are there any places in London where you can do Morris Dancing? I'd like to give that a go...

10.26pm
In every train carriage, why is there always someone listening to Christina Aguilera?

8.11am
No! I weigh the same as last week. Stupid Rainforest Cafe.

10.47am
I have pins and needles in my leg.

11.24am
Man, I look trendy today (from the front. From the side I look a little balding, but I made my peace with that in 2006).

11.49am
The next station is Barking (tee hee).

11.51am
I'm usually up and about earlier than this, by the way.

11.52am
Rather liking the rather unusual version of Don't Sit Under the Apple Tree by the Puppini Sisters.

12.24pm
In a full lift... Where to look, where to look... Don't be the weird smiling guy in the corner...

12.56pm
It seems that Germans really do wear white socks.

1.14pm
If someone doesn't say 'thank you' when you hold the door open for them, is it rude to say 'you're welcome' anyway?

1.28pm
Great. They've finally put lights in the library. Can we be expecting the light switches any time soon?

2.33pm
I had no thought for 65 minutes. Until this one.

5.15pm
My head hurts.

5.26pm
One day I'd like to help out at a Salvation Army music school. But that probably won't be in this country...

5.28pm
I need to see Cloverfield (I later find out the whole story thanks to a reader review in one of the free London papers).

5.39pm
I never knew there was an underground station called Stonebridge Park (Bakerloo line).

5.41pm
Or South Kenton...

5.46pm
That man over there looks like a bald David Beckham pressing his face up against a window.

5.58pm
Are those Breakfast Subs from Subway as good as they look? (I've been had before).

6.15pm
A film called Jumper? Do your research people. If you were releasing an exciting thriller film in America, you wouldn't call it Sweater, would you?

6.19pm
Umbrella...ella...ella...a...a...a

6.26pm
Preparations are still underway for 'my' gospel choir.

7.08pm
Pancakes! (Not eating them yet, just thinking about them).

7.58pm
Pancakes! (Eating them).

Swell.

5 comments:

Andy said...

A couple of observations (good idea by the way):

10.24pm - not in London but a friend of mine based in Clacton (I think) used to do morris dancing when we were at uni together. Can put you in touch if you'd like (though she'd give you a good argument about paganism).

5.26pm - way to advertise your services, John...

Anna said...

How can you not have any thoughts for so many minutes IN A LIBRARY??!! Thats like leaving Ninas house hungry!

Anonymous said...

Sir - i used to frequent Stonebridge park quite a bit travelling from wembley to THQ or the rink and back again

also - I believe it's called jumper because it's about the act of jumping - if it was called swetter would it be about the act of sweting?

Katie said...

Argh- I just found out that we missed two major things in Cloverfield that explain a lot of stuff... something happens in the background near the end, and something happens at the end of the credits! I won't say what, but if anybody reading this is going to see it soon, be alert!!!

Mitchenstein said...

Andy - Well, I had kinda been hoping that maybe the youth leader from the Bahamas Division would pass by my blog, say 'We need a bandleader for our next music school!' and, you know, send me a ticket.

Richard - Yes, I had realised the film 'Jumper' probably wasn't a film about a giant pullover. But wouldn't that be cool?