Friday, March 21, 2008

106 Not Out: Something Different

So this post marks the end of the 100th post ‘celebrations’. Thanks to all those who guest blogged for me!

Just for something a little different, I thought I’d post a video today to round the week off. My brother has become quite the music techie, so we thought we’d try something new out. So this is the song Lost, originally by Michael Bublé, but sung here by, well, me. I will just point out that this was for fun, we only had five minutes in which to record it, and, as is my way, I have been – unintentionally – slightly creative with the lyrics (You should have heard the words I made up when I had to sing ‘O Holy Night’ at school once – some of them weren’t even words).

So here it is:


The picture incidentally is of Hobart, Australia.

The only thing that remains is for me to wish you all a fantastic Easter. And, as I wrote last year, I hope you all have a great weekend, whatever you're doing. I really love Easter Sunday - there's always such an exciting feel about it. So if you're not doing anything this Sunday, why not check out a local Salvation Army or other church and see what's going on?! You’ll never know if you don’t try! (And you can’t say I don’t try!) :D

PS: I know it took me a while, but I’ve now updated my Project 365, and I must say, a couple of the March photos are pretty good!

3 comments:

Katie said...

I do love that song... you sing it really well! :-)

Graeme said...

Nice song John, well sung. Think you got most of the words right as well! (and there's some good ones in that song)

Stephen said...

John - Good to read your guest bloggers. Interesting to note who you didn't ask to guest for you! Have yourself a great Easter tomorrow/today (not sure of the time but late). I reckon, "The Lord is Risen!" is pretty amazing in any language. Anyway, thanks for the diversion - now back to polishing up tomorrow's sermon. Bests.