Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Hedgehogs and Sealions

In the middle of all the exam stress, it was nice to go out with some friends to celebrate my brother's 18th birthday...
We forced him to do the cheesy pose with his presents (although he made it cheesier than we'd expected):
Hayley laughed a LOT here - the hedgehog in the front is in fact Josh's head.
It's so weird to think my little brother is 18... Although it's sometimes hard to remember: just a word of warning to you - if you're ever having a conversation with him and you happen to leave a slight pause after the word 'but', be prepared for him to insert the words 'face' or 'head' before you get to carry on... Worth knowing ;)

So, not a paticularly long post, but a little update nonetheless, and a nice break from work! One other thing - I'm a bit of a fan of impressionists. Alastair McGowan and Ronni Ancona used to have me in stitches. (Did you ever see Ancona's Yoko Ono? Man, that made me cry with laughter - sometimes I'm just on the train or something, I'll think of it and start laughing again. Beginning to understand why no-one ever sits next to me on the train). Anyway, a friend pointed out this video to me of a Celine Dion impersonator giving a message to the fans of Eurovision (yep, it's coming round again). She nails it - and the facial expressions when she starts singing are priceless. And at the end of the video we get to see some examples of Swiss fashion. Those people have style ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My word your brother is 18! Crazy stuff! Its Anna Penton or rather Anna Byrne here. Was writing to Matti on his facebook and noted some dude mentioning your name and then I thought....Matt mentioned Mitch has some blog. I'll check it out. This is also because although my workplace pay me nicely, they do not give me much work to do and consequently I'm utterly bored for the majority of the day. I will get a new job eventually, but only left the Ballet School three months ago so need to stick this out a bit longer.....
After all that, just to say your brother looks like you, but I guess I'm not an original thinker there, that glad you're doing ok and man wasn't Pirates of Penzance and all that jazz a LONG time ago!

Anna aka Fish aka Penton's daughter aka old friend from SHSB aka wife of Andy Byrne aka Tuscan aka Godmother Jenny Kelly's (Puddick)lovely son!
byrnea@regents.ac.uk

Katie said...

My All-Time Top 3 List Of Annoying Things That Paul Says:

1) LOL or ROFL out loud when you're talking (then when I ask what 'roffle' means, he tells me I'm too old and wouldn't understand).

2) 'You suck!' instead of 'Hello' (although that one might just be me...)

3) 'Kathy' instead of my actual name.