Tuesday, April 29, 2008

A Bit of Everything

Time this baby was updated! It's been a crazy month - besides the normal study I've been preparing for a couple of Icelandic exams (the annoying thing being that I've chosen to take them), but things are going well. So what's going on?

Well, a while ago I mentioned a concert I was doing and that I'd put some videos up once I could. They've still not been sorted out yet, so I thought I'd put a couple of audio clips up. Why not? The first one is a great song called 'Breath of Heaven'. The second one is a little (read: lot) more tongue in cheek. Some of it's in Icelandic and my friend Johanna (from Iceland) wanted to hear it...

Those of you who travel round in London regularly will be familiar with the various free papers that get handed out as you walk around (I say 'handed out' - the LondonPaper guy actually chased me when it looked like I was going to walk past - and I was. The ink comes off on your hands). Anyway, my personal favourite is the London Lite. Every day they have a photo of someone in London reading the Lite, and if that person sees themselves in the paper, they can win £50. You won't believe the number of times I've hung around in various hotspots holding my Lite and trying to look nonchalant, but they've not got me yet.

But is this not Ken Livingstone?!If the polls are to be believed, he might wanna pick up that £50.

Two final things:
1. Some friends of mine (and maybe of yours) are doing sponsored events to raise money for great causes. Andy and his wife Verity, are doing a fat bike ride round Essex to pick up funds for the Little Havens Children's Hospice (had to think about my apostrophe there) while Stacey and Hayley are running for Cancer Research. Click on their names to view the pages.

2. I made up a joke! And I think I did make it up (sometimes it's a tough call, isn't it? I SWEAR I made up 'cool beans!' but no-one believes me. It had to come from somewhere.).

Anyway:

Why was the Jehovah's Witness late?
Because he had to go round the houses.

I thought that was quite good. I may need to tweak the wording slightly, and I want to run it by one of my Jehovah's Witness friends...

Take care.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gaman að heyra þig syngja á íslensku :) Mjög flott hjá þér! Lagið mætti samt vera skemmtilegra :þ

Andy said...

Thanks for the plug John. All help gratefully accepted!