Tuesday, August 12, 2008

John Goes to Germany and then Makes a Video and Writes a Blogpost

Apologies for the slight break, but I’m back! I’ve just been at the Salvation Army’s music camp in Schleswig-Holstein, Germany – and we had an amazing time. Check out this video I made (it was my first ever video [hence the overuse of special effects – the mark of an amateur], but I’m pretty chuffed with myself):

This was my third time at the music camp in Germany – and it was the best. I’ve been to a few different music schools, but there’s just something about the German one for me. This year topped the two other years for two main reasons:

1) I was in charge of the Bible Study group for the fifteen to eighteen-year-olds, which was daunting, hard work, but just about one of the most rewarding things I’ve ever done, and

2) This year I made a real effort to speak to as many different people as I could. In previous years I’ve been a little too dependent on a smaller group, but this year I had so much fun spending time with so many different people. It was sweet!

And I didn’t make this video here, but have a look – and check out that euphonium player... (credit to Jens for uploading):


And finally,

The John Mitchinson diet:

1. Go to northern Germany.,
2. Eat Haribo every morning,
3. Go to the ice-cream parlour every day (including twice on one occasion),

See the weight drop off!
I can’t understand it. I followed the above pattern rigorously and managed to lose 9lbs (4 kilo) in just under two weeks...*
*Stomach may have been pushed out/pulled in for dramatic effect.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey!
Your first Video is very good!
Memory memory...
I like the Musik! ;D

Katie said...

Can totally relate with you about the bible study group thing being rewarding... (I know you know that already, but I wanted to leave a comment).

Also, very well done on the video! I love that song!