Saturday, November 29, 2008

FAR10.2: I DID IT!

Allow me to blow my own euphonium: I did it! I took a photo every day of the past year. They said I’d never manage it (well, they didn’t, but Lisa did think I’d given up after Day 4). But no, the photo you see here is photo 365 – there were, of course, 366 days in the past year, but on one fateful day in June, my phone deleted the photo I’d taken (see here) – but I did take a photo every day!

Some of the photos are quite cool, some are incredibly boring, but then again, some days are like that too. It hasn’t always been easy – some days I’d know exactly what I wanted to take a photo of, other times I’d panic at 11.50pm and take a photo of a cup. But although not all of the photos are exhilarating, I remember taking every single one, and I can associate a memory with each.

And it’s kinda cool (for me), looking back over the past year: the highs and lows, the funny times, the boring or stressful times, the places I’ve been, the people I’ve met and the thoughts I’ve thunked.

So what now?

Well, I’m going to carry on, for at least one more year. I have a feeling the next 365 days will be quite an adventure, and this is a decent way of documenting it.

If you haven’t had a look, check it out.

Thanks for reading :)

3 comments:

Katie said...

In the words of Dr. Seuss...

"My goodness how the time has flewn. It's night before it's afternoon. December's here before it's June. How did it get so late so soon?!"

I couldn't have put it better myself.

Well done!!! :-D

Mitchenstein said...

Did you notice your little Christmas 'tree' in the corner?

Katie said...

I noticed that the photo of me should have been bigger and a lot more central, if that's what you mean...