Friday, April 09, 2010

Crossing the Atlantic: Part One

It's been a really long time since I updated this, although I have written a few posts I haven't got round to, well, posting yet. But I really enjoy this blogging malarky, and it's been a great way of keeping a record of the non-academic side of my PhD travels, so I'm going to stick with it!

I'm just about to set off on a very exciting, if slightly nervewracking trip to Greenland, via the Faroes. To make up for my blogging slackness, I'm planning to blog a little bit every day during the Greenland leg of the trip, and a few times from the Faroes (as I've written rather a lot about the Faroes already!).

I'll add the earlier posts later on, but for now, happy reading!

PS. By the time I posted this, I was already in the Faroes. I thought I'd just leave this photo with you!It might look like a fairly regular photo of Faroese landscape, but there's something slightly weird about it. Undortunately I didn't have my camera with me, so I took this on my phone. If you look at the zoomed-in photo, you can make out a dark patch on the roof, which, believe it or not, was a sheep. No idea how it managed to get up or down, but when there's grass on the roof, I guess it can get a little confusing!

No comments: