Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Glynjohnball

Man, all this HoDo-ing is tough. Anyway, after my last post, Glyn's comment reminded me of the joy that is Glynjohnball. After having ransacked my room, I found the only two surviving pictures of the creation of Glynjohnball. This game is native to the Channel Islands (in that we made it up in the pool room of the Salvation Army in St. Peter Port, Guernsey in 2003).

You may be wondering where the name 'Glynjohnball' came from. Well, we put Glyn's and my name together to make 'Glynjohn' and then we added 'ball'.


This is Glyn making a throw-in (you have to face the other way and throw it over your shoulder). Of course. This is Glyn and me mid-play. You'll notice that we're running. There's a lot of running in Glynjohnball (Glyn and I were at the tender age of 19 when this was taken, so we were much fitter).


Glynjohnball took off in a really big way. Before we knew it, loads of youngsters were playing it, and having a jolly good time. Until Lewis came in and told us to stop getting everyone overexcited.


Killjoy.

6 comments:

Katie said...

I didn't know you could run! You blatently should've invested in a pool table instead of an exercise bike.

I think you should patent it quick.

Anonymous said...

You are wierd doh, innit!!

Dat iz well bad!!

I LOVE CATHERINE TATE!!! (not in that way)

I AINT BOVERED!!! :)

Mitchenstein said...

I should probably explain that last comment... You see, when my sister and her husband were over here for Christmas, we showed them a couple of episodes of Catherine Tate (they don't have it in Australia). We had no idea how hooked they would become! So they bought a boxset and jetted back to Oz.

And that's why that ain't bovvered, is it.

If that wasn't posted by them, then... that's just a little strange...

Anonymous said...

I haven´t finished to watch the Caterine Tate show dvd that I bought when I came to visit you 2005 :þ

Glyn Harries said...

Hey! I posted a comment here days ago. Where is it?

I was saying that I've got a photo of the two of us modelling the GlynJohnball starting position at home. I'll have to dig it up when I'm next at Mum and Dad's and posting it on my blog.

GlynJohnball is flippin' awesome!!

Katie said...

I'm really proud of myself... I've just managed to link a Friends theme song video (performed by the actors) on my blog! You should check it out, I think you'll like it. Also, I'd like you to take that comment back about how I would never update my blog. Mine is considerably more updated than yours...