Monday, August 27, 2007

The Best Day!

I am a bit of a Neighbours fan - those of you who read this blog regularly may have been able to deduce that information for themselves... (By the way, for those Germans that read this blog - and I know I have a few - you might want to look at this post, just to find out what I'm talking about).

Anyway, knowing this, my sister booked us places on the... wait for it... official Neighbours tour! I know! (And she laughs at me for liking Neighbours so much, but I couldn't help but notice that she'd also booked herself a place on the tour...). It was the coolest day. And here's why:

So, departing from the centre of Melbourne, the tour drives out to the suburb where Neighbours is filmed. First stop, Erinsborough High School.
The next stop was the famous Ramsay St. Now, this wasn't my first trip to Ramsay St, so I already had all the photos of me standing like a total tool in front of each house (see my first ever post for an example). So we thought we'd have some fun this time and show off our skills just in case a casting agent happened to be walking by...

Ok, so we did a couple of cheesy photos first:

My sister on the Ramsay St. sign (?!): But then: Sad outside Steff's house.Oh no! A fight outside Paul's house...Shocked outside Paul's house...Dead outside Karl and Susan's...
And they were filming their Christmas episodes, so look out for these guys! (Although, thinking about it, that won't be until about March 2008...)

Anyway, you should have seen my face when my sister told me that as part of the tour we got to... wait for it... meet an actor from the show! So we were standing at the studios (Stop Three) and then a big 'G'day guys!' comes from behind, we turn around and see Frazer and Ringo (or Ben and Sam as I call them...) coming round the corner. Apparently it's unusual to meet two cast members - they must have heard I was coming.Us with Ringo and Frazer.
Autographing.

I'd assumed it would just be a quick handshake and autograph or something, but we had like half an hour just chatting with them. They were very nice guys and really down-to-earth. And don't worry, I played it cool.

As you can see.
This is Frazer's head. He's actually doing an autograph here (for the second time, the first one said 'To Don'... I corrected him, then made a joke, he laughed. It was a good joke.)

And does anyone know any Neighbours fans called Don? (Although I doubt that anyone called Don is a Neighbours fan.)

Australia is only about two/three months ahead of us with its episodes, but I managed to catch a couple while I was there and it's completely changed... The theme tune's been jazzed and funked up (ok, maybe 'funked' is slightly too strong a word) and they've changed the way they film it (apparently it's digital now), which means that it looks like a film. It's all very dramatic.(Neighbours: The New Generation it says on the trailers). They've got rid of a whole heap of characters and got some new ones in. And now, do I tell you what happens? Hmm... Well, I wouldn't want to spoil it for you, but there's a dramatic wedding, a surprise pregnancy (it's not Harold - it's not that much of a surprise), an English policeman and a new family...

It just keeps on delivering the goods, doesn't it? :D

And I think my sister may have enjoyed it after all...

9 comments:

Katie said...

My dad is called Don!

It would be like fate, except he hates Neighbours. Still, I'm sure he'd be impressed that you went to the trouble. Why can't your name rhyme with Katie?

Glyn Harries said...

As in, Spaity Mitchinson?

Mitchenstein said...

You know my Uncle Spaity?

Anonymous said...

Hej John!

Det var så länge sedan vi sågs, vi saknar dig! Hoppas att vi kan träffas snart. Om du har vägarna förbi Sverige så vet du ju var du kan hitta oss:)

Så du är också ett scrubs fan, jag har dock en annan favorit i serien: Dr. Cox :)

Många Kramar

Graeme said...

I thought everyone knew your Uncle Spaity??!!

Anyway, having not seen Neighbours for years, I'm afraid that I have no idea who Frazer and Ringo are. Now had you have said Des and Daphne then I would have been mightily impressed!!

Katie said...

I've just discovered that you once deleted a comment that you wrote on someone else's blog!

Hypocrite.

I await my apology...

Mitchenstein said...

And for Katie's next trick, she's going to see how many blogs she can attack me on in one day!

Oh no, she just did that...

Katie said...

Hehe. I honestly hadn't even realised I was doing it! I'm not sure I can help it. It's been a day of procrastination and blog reading today.

I'm sorry... but now you have as many comments as me! Yay :-D

The Smiths said...

Hi John

Good to hear about your Australian exploits and to see pics of you, Paul, Caroline and your mum (was your dad camera shy or did he skip the Erinsbrough tour in favour of a William Barclay bookshop?!)

Elliot started at SHSB yesterday and I think he enjoyed it (as much as he would tell us) - tell Paul to keep an eye out for him.

Take care

Garry