Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Happy Second Birthday! (Part Two)

As with last year, the first part of today’s post is going to look at Mitchenstein in statistics:

Mitchenstein in Statistics

Number of posts (before this week): 119 (I managed 55 last year, so that’s 64 this year – an increase! [Although four weren’t written by me.])
Number of comments altogether: 449 (Not bad, not bad, I had 217 last year, so that’s 232 this year – I’d just like to point out that I’m not comment-crazy, but it’s interesting [for me] to see an increase).
Number of comments by me (on my blog): As with last year, this would take ages to count, but it's higher than it should be.
Languages of posts: English, German (as with last year, but this year I’ve had titles in Welsh and Icelandic - Last year I also had a title in Lingala, but I forgot to add that - thanks Lizette!).
Languages of comments: English, German, Swedish, Icelandic, Lingala, Swiss German and Portuguese (Languages interest me somewhat).
Number of languages William Booth quote has been found in (see right-hand column): 26 – that’s only an increase of two on last year. So keep looking!

Those statistics were more for my benefit than anyone else's, but that's allowed.

Facts
Those of you that read this blog probably know me pretty well, but I thought I would use this opportunity all the same to give you twenty additional facts about me:

1. I keep a Christmas Card list throughout the year, adding/removing people as I get on well with them/they annoy me.

2. I keep a list of every Salvation Army corps (church) I’ve ever seen.

3. People blowing raspberries makes me feel sick.

4. Part of me still thinks I’m going to be a pop-star.

5. I don’t like touching food that others are going to eat.

6. The same goes for cutlery and glasses that other people are going to use.

7. Un-sporty as I may seem, I ran for my school when I was younger.

8. As a kid, I was desperate to become an estate agent.

9. When I was a kid I once lied that my mum worked at McDonalds because I thought it sounded cool.

10. Whenever I’m writing a list of things to do, I always put some things I’ve done already so I can tick them off.

11. Whenever I go on holiday I send out loads of emails so I’ll have lots of emails in my inbox when I get home.

12. Whenever I need to ask anyone in London for directions, I speak with an Australian accent.

13. I was once stopped on Tottenham Court Road and photographed for a modelling agency.

14. When I was thirteen, my best friend and I invented our own language which we spoke for nearly one whole day.

15. I once had a birthday card signed by the whole Tottenham Hotspurs team.

16. I don’t lend out books to my friends, because I can’t stand it when they get creases down their spines (The spines of the books, I mean. I don’t care if my friends have creases on their spines).

17. I’m a member of the Esperanto Association of Great Britain.

18. When I was younger it was my dream to work in Argos.

19. At school I once got three detentions in one day, including one for fighting.

20. My bookshelves are organised in alphabetical order of each book’s country of origin.

Any surprises there? Well, three of these ‘facts’ are, in fact, untrue.

6 comments:

Katie said...

At the risk proving (once again) that I don't listen when you tell me things, I'm going to go for 8, 13 and 17 as the facts that aren't true.

Am I right?

Mitchenstein said...

I'm afraid only one of those facts is false, Katie...

I'll give you another chance before I tell you ;)

The Smiths said...

If fact 19 is true, it makes me feel better that Elliot got 4 sanctions in the last fortnight (Community Service, not detentions and all for silliness and mucking about not for anything as serious as fighting!)

Come to think of it, it must be untrue - I can't believe you ever got in that much trouble!

Take care

Garry

Katie said...

Ok, in that case I'm going to go for 3 and 19, and keep the estate agent one. I know for a fact you wanted to work in Argos, so you can't have had TWO dreams...

I'm still convinced the model one is a lie too, though.

Katie said...

So...

Which ones are true? I'm not sure I can stand the suspence any longer...

Anonymous said...

Hey, I guess that 8,9 and 11 are not true... !? :þ